Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Why Are There No Guns In Overture?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Why Are There No Guns In Overture?

(12-27-2008, 01:15 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Well, I think people are overreacting on the gun question. Being able to shoot your enemies doesn't make you feel safe at all, if you do it right. If the enemies are fast and take lots of damage, say the imps from Doom 3, they are still scary. In Doom 3 you've got pretty many weapons, but you still feel very insecure because you know that an imp can pop up around a corner and kill you before you get a chance of shooting it. Even if you kill it in time, you'll still have taken damage.

only problem with this, is that an imp or arch-ville, etc are demons. they're strong, some stronger than others. a dog is not strong. a spider can die by just stepping on them.
it wouldn't take much at all to kill them. and I sort of agree with one that said, you want one gun, sooner or later, you'd want more. shooting takes away the fun. but it's like I said before, or at least I think I did.
some things are better in some places, and not other places. Call of Duty without guns, BAD IDEA! Playing Mortal Kombat with yourself (and I mean in the game, no opponent), bad idea.
And if anyone knows Descent III and online, there is one game, capture the flag on one map where you're stuck in your own area with no means of getting out, BAD IDEA.
You get the picture. Penumbra is about survival without guns, rocket launchers, grenades, having guns in there is just a bad idea.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2008, 10:34 PM by Greatred.)
12-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread