Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam Edition of Penumbra: Overture, B.P. & Requiem - Crashing
DON3k Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Steam Edition of Penumbra: Overture, B.P. & Requiem - Crashing

(03-09-2009, 08:20 AM)jens Wrote: Have you tried using software audio instead of hardware audio?

Perhaps you can try the new 9.2 driver? In another thread it seems that release fixed a crashing problem.

I am currently running 9.2. I only mentioned 9.1 because it was the release which updated OpenGL to 3.0, and since Penumbra runs in OpenGL, I figured it may be important. However, as I indicated, rolling back to 8.12 - pre OGL3, made no difference.

I don't believe it's a sound issue, since there's no in-game crashing (while playing), but only when a level load happens. During this transition, a 2D image is displayed on the screen (The snow / loading image), while the next level loads, and when the 3D OpenGL kicks in again, the screen crashes to black, but the sound continues. That is also when the error appears on the tooltray indicating that the Display Driver has crashed.

I will try turning off hardware sound, but since Unreal Tournament 3 also uses OpenAL for audio, and it runs with full hardware, without issue, I think it's likely not a problem.
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread