The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This War of Mine
dumpling Offline

Threads: 1
This War of Mine

Has anyone played or checked out This War of Mine? It came out a couple of weeks ago. It's a sort of side-scroller/point-and-click game that takes place in a besieged city. According to Google, it's inspired by the 1992-96 Siege of Sarajevo during the Bosnian War.

You control three characters that are randomly generated when you start a new game, with all different stories. They can have prominent traits about them that can make them useful in certain situations (such as being a fast runner to quickly get away from hostility, or being a good cook).

You can cook, craft using workbenches (medicines, furniture, weapons, tools to use during scavenging), and your characters have certain moods like being sick and depressed where you must do these things in order to help them survive.

One of the biggest aspects of this game is scavenging. At nightfall, a world map pops up where you can assign your characters to guard your shelter, scavenge, or sleep. If you pick a character to scavenge, they can visit different locations of the map to gather materials to help your characters build things and survive.

I'm pretty interested in buying this game. I like the gritty atmosphere; it has a feel to it that I dig. The game has some great background music, too. It really fits in with the whole mood of the game.

12-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
This War of Mine - by dumpling - 12-10-2014, 04:51 AM
RE: This War of Mine - by Kreekakon - 12-10-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: This War of Mine - by dumpling - 12-11-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: This War of Mine - by Robby - 12-17-2014, 01:38 PM