Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just a couple plot questions... [spoilers]
ChaosChronicle Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Just a couple plot questions... [spoilers]

Goodness! You all seem a bit confused about certain aspects of the plot:

Spoiler below!
The guy who you lent the saw to was just barely holding off against the infection. If you noticed the 'chunk' of flesh he threw over the opening slit on the door, it was a portion of his head. He sawed off the part of his brain that held what little consciousness was staving off the tuurngait (either that or he just tried to kill himself). He had no intention of helping, just of freeing himself.

Spoiler below!
I'm not too sure about the Kennels, I was guessing they were dogs, but they could just as easily be the worms.

Spoiler below!
If you read all the notes, Philip had a rare reaction to the tuurngait. His infection did NOT take the better of him and he would never become a tuurngait. Furthermore, Clarence was the production of that reaction. He was infected, but our protagonist would never become one of the zombies. As for Red? He could have had a similar fate. There's the possibility that Red was having the same issues as the scientist in the locked room, just very slowly turning into a tuurngait. Also he might have never been infected and just been plain insane.

Now as for Swanson:
Spoiler below!
Could go both ways, Clarence makes it look like she's uninfected after the fact, or he tricks Philip into killing her. The latter has more motives: She has the potential of removing Clarence. What else would Clarence need? That's self-defense at that point. Now, as for the former? There's some motive, since Clarence is fairly diabolical, but...

As for the game mechanics not matching up with her actually being infected? They're game mechanics. If she couldn't kill you, the player would be less apt to seek out a way to defeat her, similar to the tuurngait puzzle towards the end. That's still up in the air for me, too.
11-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread