Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac Launching Problems (check patch above)
BlueTitan Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Mac Launching Problems

Okay, I also tried the suggestions above. Firstly I tried resetting the computer and overture would still not load. (no trouble loading black plague or requiem though).

Secondly, as also suggested by urkle, I followed the instructions at http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/resetlaunchservices.html
The game loaded!! However, there is a catch. I exited the game and tried to load the game again and got the same message again that "you cannot open application because it may be damaged or incomplete". I tried resetting computer again, but this did nothing. Following the steps in the link only works for the first time I launch the game after reset. It appears that I need to follow the steps again from the link above and reset the computer to get the game game to load again. Hopefully there is a more permanent solution to the problem. I don't fancy having to delete files and reset my computer every time I want to launch this game.

I am running the game on a MacBook Pro 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 2gb DDR3 ram, Geforce 9600M GT using OS 10.5.7.
Oh yeah, I also tried removing the game folder and reinstalling as also suggested, to no avail.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2009, 03:08 AM by Industrial.)
07-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread