The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Computer RPGs
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
Computer RPGs

Back in the day I really liked playing CRPGs. But somewhere down the line, CRPGs became mass-marketed and developers started trying to appeal to lowest common denominator. I.e. focusing on good graphics and simple gameplay.

So I want you guys to give your honest opinion about newer CRPGs.

What about games like Morrowind and Oblivion? Are they good? Some people love them, but others utterly hate them. Personally I´ve gotten the impression that it´s just hack & slash, and while that´s fine for a game (I love both Daiblo 1 & 2!) I´m not sure that it´s realy fun in the first person viewpoint. (That´s said, I´m a bit averse towards first person view in CRPGs, though I do like some FPRPG like Vampire Bloodlines and Deus Ex).

What about FallOut 3? I loved FO1 and FO2 , how does the new one compare? I gather FallOut 3 is very popular, but most old school fans hate it?

Of new CRPGs I think Dragon Age and Divinity 2 Ego Draconis look interesting. I was a big fan of Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 and of the first Divine Divinity back in the day.

What are your favourite CRPGs, old or new?
12-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Computer RPGs - by spukrian - 12-16-2009, 12:54 AM