The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blank screen after opening cutscenes
Deathward Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Blank screen after opening cutscenes

Heres my situation:
Im running Xubuntu 9.10
Have 2GB ram
Integrated Graphics card (256MB)

Im into scary games and such, so when I heard about Penumbra, I HAD TO HAVE IT. I saw the minimal system requirements so I decided to give The Overture demo a shot.
It installed just fine, and I started the demo. Went to new game and watched the amazing intro cutscene. Then everything went blank, and I couldent do anything. I waited for about 10 minutes until I had to shut off my PC (Keyboard and mouse were unresponsive).

In hopes there was a technical difference, I loaded up Black Plague. Install just fine, and when I stated playing, it give me an option to try a tutorial, and IT WORKED! No lag what-so-ever, and I was running it with the default settings. No graphical glitches or anything. So I decided to try the actual game. I watched the cutscene which summed up the events of Overture, then same problem. Blank black screen forcing me to hard-boot my PC.

So heres my problem:

I know the games can run on my PC, yet when I try to start the campaign, it Freezes up.

Is there any sort of settings I need to configure?

Ive had similar problems with games in WINE, where it would only show a blank screen after the menu and loading. The way I fixed it was running a virtual window, which, incidentally, fixed it. So is there a way I can run it windowed and see if it works?
12-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Blank screen after opening cutscenes - by Deathward - 12-21-2009, 05:46 AM