Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary.
Akong Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary.

Some good points.

The thing about the Tuurngait is that they are incredibly easy to outrun and once you figure that out, nothing's to stop you from just running around from door to door. I usually try to keep up the act of sneaking around, but when you get bored you figure out that it's much quicker to just run everywhere. I have to say though, that first Tuurngait scared the living crap out of me.

I have very mixed feelings about Condemned. I felt it was rather scary due to the unpredictable nature of the AI. (Also the mannequins. Oh god, the mannequins!) It got less scary the further you went, once the crack-heads were replaced with monsters. The biggest gripe I have with Condemned is the story. Monolith must be secretly Japanese or something, because that plot makes no sense. I'm tired of getting symbols and signs, clues and hints stuffed down my throat, only to later find out that they bore no significance to the plot whatsoever. Also don't even get me started on the sequel and its obsession with combos.
Spoiler below!
And the screaming at people until their heads blow up. What were they thinking?
02-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary. - by Akong - 02-26-2010, 04:43 PM