The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac: Porting P:O To Intel GMA 950?
myownlittlworld Offline

Threads: 1
Mac: Porting P:O To Intel GMA 950?

So, I bought the Humble Indie Bundle for my fiancee so she could enjoy the wonders of Penumbra: Overture. She's a fan of horror games. They make me jump, but I dig. I was terribly disappointed to find that, because she owns a mid-2007 MacBook, P:O won't run (she'll be playing it on my computer for now).

However, with the recent freeing of P:O, I have the opportunity to hack on it for a while and see what'll come of it. So, I was wondering if you'd be able to give any guidance as to what the porting requirements are to allow the game to run on an Intel GMA 950? Yeah, it's a big change, duh, but how big a change and where in the source? Is it an issue of VRAM space alone, or are there other fundamental issues? My ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 (64MB) seems to play the game fairly well, though I haven't put it through it's traces yet, nor have I had the opportunity to check out the source and start hacking. That'll occur this weekend.

Any advice, other than to go for it with a lot of patience and perseverance? I suppose I could suppress all the texture loading to conserve VRAM or something, assuming that's the issue, but I mostly just need to wrench the laptop away from her for a few hours to read through the associated error messages.

Thank you, guys, so much for doing this. You're really amazing and I hope something wonderful comes from your efforts.

Nick
05-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Mac: Porting P:O To Intel GMA 950? - by myownlittlworld - 05-15-2010, 04:25 AM
RE: Mac: Porting P:O To Intel GMA 950? - by Urkle - 05-15-2010, 05:27 AM