The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"Parental Guideline" ratings (kind of spoilery)
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
"Parental Guideline" ratings (kind of spoilery)

I've just looked for fun and noticed that Amnesia doesn't have any ratings from groups like the ESRB or PEGI, and a thought just struck my mind.

I remember in a blog you fellows said that one organization was going to not rate your game because it had real instructions for building explosives. You circumvented it by replacing dextrin with "baxtrin."

Now Amnesia... It has things far more sensitive than explosive instructions. It has demonstrations, explanations, and instructions for various forms of medieval torture. Not to mention penis, which of course makes Americans really angry.

So it made me wonder about what would happen to sales if some group deems the game so unsafe that it becomes "adults only" or possibly even banned in some countries. Is this possible to happen? Would you protest in any way? Or have you not even submitted it to these boards because of how volatile it is? I'd like to know more about this whole (possible) ordeal.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
"Parental Guideline" ratings (kind of spoilery) - by Sexbad - 09-14-2010, 04:46 AM