Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

History ? (question towards the Frictional team)
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: History ? (question towards the Frictional team)

Some quick answers:

I started programming over 10 years ago on a TI-83 calculator and then moved to QBasic, then a bit Pascal and then C. Using C I managed to make make two "full" games using Allegro called Project 2 and Fiend. I then moved on to C++ and that is where I am now.

If you are interested in making the games the best way is to start on small scale and then move up. I would suggest using C++, C# or Java rather than C, but it is a matter personal prefernce really. C is not as beginner as the other languages though and needs a little more lowlevel knowledge. There is a lot of differnet stuff needed when programming games and the best way to a get agrip of it is trying to do it yourself. Even if you come up with a not so good and unfinished game you still learn a lot. At least I did Smile

I also would suggest not working together with any body unless they are close friends. It is better to make it all yourself for starters, that gives you a better idea of all stuff + the project is not doomed if a guy quits. If you are not a good artist you just have use the right style to get nice graphics instead, an example is Darwinia.

Hope that help a lil bit at least.
04-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread