The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously.
xkitsuna Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously.

I've been playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a few days now. Up until a few hours ago, however, it worked perfectly fine.

I was going to play the game for a friend over Livestream, using Procaster. Managed to start up the game to the profile select screen--and then it crashes. I tried it two more times with a few different approaches, but apparently the two programs simply did not like each other. After that, I gave up Livestream and decided to play the game without it. It got to the launcher, I pressed start game, and then the power went out due to a storm that snuck up on us.

Anyway, a few hours later I start my computer back up and attempted to play Amnesia. The usual pop-up that says Steam is preparing to launch the game appears, disappears shortly after, and then... nothing. Absolutely nothing. The launcher doesn't even appear.

I search around for ideas on what could be the matter--the Troubleshoot Guide, mainly, but I didn't understand what I can do from that. I verified the game files over Steam, but... the game still did not want to work.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? Did I miss something? ;_; I really love this game and cannot believe its not working anymore.

Edit: I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011, 06:22 AM by xkitsuna.)
07-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously. - by xkitsuna - 07-10-2011, 06:20 AM