The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Amnesia without S3TC compression?
nobled Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Running Amnesia without S3TC compression?

I downloaded the Amnesia demo (the installer filename says version 1.0.1... seems kinda old?), and I'm trying to run it in 64-bit Ubuntu 11.04, with the integrated Sandybridge GPU in my laptop.

Unfortunately, based on using apitrace to debug it, it seems like Amnesia is calling glCompressedTexImage2D() with internalFormat=GL_COMPRESSED_S3TC_DXT1_EXT, even though GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc isn't advertised in the extension string by the Intel graphics driver. (I'm using the latest version I can, installed from the xorg-edgers repository.)

Is it possible to run without s3tc compression? If it isn't, can't Amnesia exit with a useful error message when it isn't advertised?

I'm assuming this is the issue that's filling up my hpl.log (attached) with lines like this:
ERROR: Couldn't load material 'entities/lamp/torch_static01/torch_static01.mat'
ERROR: Could not create GL texture /opt/AmnesiaDemo/particles/materials/ps_torch_fire.dds

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 10.22 KB / Downloads: 80)
08-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Running Amnesia without S3TC compression? - by nobled - 08-13-2011, 03:41 PM