Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is fear?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia.

(11-02-2011, 03:19 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: No, actually there is no difference between fear of one with another. Worst fear is the fear of the unknown. It's the strongest fear of human beings and it reflects itself in literally every way. If the world is worse than it could've been today; it's because people don't try to know what's unknown to them, and continue to fear from it, thus having an urge to destroy it.
I beg to differ, fear is the result of conditioning and learning. That's the way humans have always learned what to avoid and what's safe. Like, if a berry is poisonous and you eat it, you learn that eating said berry is bad for you and so you avoid it. You can fear things that you haven't experienced yourself through seeing or listening to someone that have experienced something traumatic.

Although there's natural fears that have passed down through genes, like fear for animals, some kinds of food, and height/water. I have never seen a study that proves that the fear of the unknown is carved into our brains as something that is feared all over the world. If it was, we would never have taken a ship and sail to the other side of the pond because it would've been to scary for us. Sure some of us might have a fear of the unknown but I'm almost certain that just as many are just curious.

Quote:How many of the gamers are able to think today? If they can't think, they can't enjoy Amnesia. But they can enjoy Dead Space. So, although their argument is that which one is scarier; I believe none of the people, who says DS 2 is scarier, played Amnesia, nor will be able to even if they try to.
That's pretty close-minded, just because they like to play a certain kind of gameplay doesn't make them stupid. I thought better of you Tan, sorry.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 07:36 PM by eliasfrost.)
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What is fear? - by Hardarm - 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia. - by eliasfrost - 11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
RE: What is fear? - by eliasfrost - 11-03-2011, 12:41 AM
RE: What is fear? - by J.R.S.S. - 11-03-2011, 12:46 AM
RE: What is fear? - by Kein - 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM