Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is fear?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia.

Quote:But whatever. I'm not gonna continue this discussion.
I'm fine with that.

Quote:Although I never said something like "Black Ops players are stupid", or "if they play a certain kind of game, they are stupid" how did you interpret it... That's the thing I didn't understand.
I see you didn't get my point, so I'll try one more time.
Today's majority of the gamers don't want to think, don't like the think. They want mindless shooting. I guess you don't have any objection to this, because if you have, we need to go back.
Before calling me close-minded I'd expect you to check the gamers attitude throughout the net. See what majority of gamers like, majority of gamers do. See how a game which is worse than its predecessor becomes the best-selling game ever. And I'll say completely opposite of what you understood from my previous post. People are not stupid because they are playing sh*tty shooters. They are playing sh*tty shooters because they are stupid. You can go and interpret this as "all people who play shooters are stupid", because this was what I exactly said, wasn't it?

I knew my English wasn't the best, but I didn't know my sentences were this open to interpretation. Wow.
I know you didn't say explicitly that shooter gamers are stupid but the way you worded your sentence gave me the impression that you thought that stupid people can't enjoy games that require thinking, although I believe that's very wrong I'm not going to try to reverse your opinion, I'm merely saying that I think you are wrong because I know a person that's not the brightest around but that guy plays myst, and my best friend is one of the most intelligent and open-minded people I know and he hates puzzle games and relish playing CoD. Just saying, it all comes down to preference, not level of intelligence.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 09:09 PM by eliasfrost.)
11-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What is fear? - by Hardarm - 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia. - by eliasfrost - 11-02-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: What is fear? - by eliasfrost - 11-03-2011, 12:41 AM
RE: What is fear? - by J.R.S.S. - 11-03-2011, 12:46 AM
RE: What is fear? - by Kein - 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM