Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is fear?
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia.

I understand what you are both trying to say, and it seems you are both talking about two completely different things. Tan I understand your argument, pretty much saying that all things come from something as in fear of the unknown (ex. being afraid of the dark) and Nack you are saying that we humans know what it is to fear and that's why we avoid it unless we don't fear it. At least I'm hoping I understand. Both can be true I suppose, depends on how you look at it. Good points on both parts.

As for the "Stupid people cannot enjoy any game that needs thinking. But they can enjoy mindless shooting games. Normal people can enjoy both." comment I do not exactly agree with. Now I don't think anyone is "stupid" just they know less then someone else. It's all about gaining knowledge and understanding but to be talking about I suppose a "stupid" person playing only shooter games is a little iffy. People who don't wish to think at all when they play games usually go and play CoD or BF or what not, aka pointless shooting games. Now that does not mean they are "stupid", it just means their sense of knowledge in gaming is a lot slower and not very developed as people who let's say play Amnesia, Myst, Total War etc. Being smart does not determine what games you play, though Tan you did have a point. Preferences do come from somewhere, and smarter people do tend to want to play games that take some thinking than those people who are not all that smart prefer to play games which they don't have to use all that brain power. So yes, you are both right I suppose. Just got to put more into it.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
11-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
What is fear? - by Hardarm - 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
RE: Flame War against people who says DS 2 is scarier than Amnesia. - by J.R.S.S. - 11-02-2011, 11:41 PM
RE: What is fear? - by eliasfrost - 11-03-2011, 12:41 AM
RE: What is fear? - by J.R.S.S. - 11-03-2011, 12:46 AM
RE: What is fear? - by Kein - 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM