Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little request to developers on endings
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: A little request to developers on endings

I agree with Tanshaydar, and I've always had the same feeling. Endings are meant to END a story, not blow it up. I think that's why CoD is so popular for crying out loud. Their story sucks, yet people buy it because every turn there's another explosion. I understand visuals are nice, but a story tells better than lasers and explosions. The way Amnesia and the Penumbras ended were satisfying to me, actually leaving me with a smile.

So long as you paid attention to the story the whole way through...

I understand your point in saying it was "lacking" in the visual department... But did the scenarios in the endings CALL for such actions? No... For example, *SPOILER*, when Daniel is leaving the castle at the end (at least, that's what I got), the castle had no reason to fall. Daniel had no reason to blow up the place. His "mission" was complete, Alexander was dead, and he was free. The glow of the outside was the perfect way to end it. It SHOWED he was FREE. What else was needed? Nothing... It was the ending and I was completely satisfied.
11-12-2011, 04:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little request to developers on endings - by Statyk - 11-12-2011, 04:02 AM