Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Announcement "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - DOWNLOAD WITHIN
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special *

(12-18-2011, 03:18 AM)darkadders Wrote: it REALLY laggs my computer, and the playing through of the story. the snow falls from the particle system very un naturally, making it look sketchy. the problem is that im wondering if i could increase the size of the particle system to make it less laggy. if not then could you please tell me how you got the snow in that picture to look natural, seeing the snow falls only 3 metres before despawning and respawning.
This updated snow spawns MUCH higher, but some pieces fall a little quicker than others, giving slight variaton. Only downside is that it takes the snowflakes a bit to reach the floor. =\

and only way to make it larger is to add more "emitters" and place them in the necessary positions. As of right now, there are 9 snowflake emitters in one particles system, arranged in a 3x3 pattern. you can add more to make it larger and larger. But I don't have the patience...
12-18-2011, 03:28 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - by Statyk - 12-18-2011, 03:28 AM