Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ?

I've already mentioned it in the past, but here goes :

My first ever exposure to Penumbra : Overture was this Slovak game review written in March 2007.

Later, when I bought the game (around February 2008, I think), I also joined the forums, tried out the original tech demo and started watching the latest news on the Black Plague release. And I've been a "Fanumbra" and, by extension, an FG fan ever since.

I only sporadically read or watched news about Amnesia while it was in development (but I went bananas after seeing how user-friendly the new SDK tools have become - a major negative aspect of Penumbra was, that it wasn't really comfortably moddable). I visited the forums more infrequently, in order to keep as much a neutral opinion on the upcoming game as possible. Besides, I had other things to do as well. In early September 2010, I downloaded the demo and... it was like playing Overture for the first time and I was hooked once again ! But I've noticed one thing : Some bits of the demo scared at least as much as the most intense bits of Black Plague (the water lurker had me dumbstruck when I first encountered it). Big Grin I planned to buy the game soon after, but the purchase kept being delayed by all kinds of common day duties and my indecision of whether to buy the game as a download or a retail purchase (eventually, I decided to go for retail, though I would have originally preferred a direct purchase).

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 05:51 AM by Petike.)
01-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - by Petike - 01-11-2012, 05:50 AM