The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra collection games barfs on me when attempting to start them
BjornP Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Penumbra collection games barfs on me when attempting to start them

Purchase Amnesia as well as the Penumbra Collection a while back, and just decided to install and give Penumbra Collection a go. Amnesia works fine, so no gripe there.

Every time I try to start a game from the menu, the screen initially blanks, then goes to 800x600 and ... nothing. No matter which game I try. So I tried to start from terminal to see if they perhaps were leaving me some messages, and got this:

[up: 12h23m]::[bj@bj-EP45-UD3LR : ~/PenumbraCollection/Overture]> ./penumbraX Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)  Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)  Serial number of failed request:  338  Current serial number in output stream:  342(0) : fatal error C9999: *** exception during compilation ***Cg compiler terminated due to fatal errorPenumbra: Overture exited unexpectedly, please check/home/bj/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Overture/hpl.logfor any error messagesAlso try runningulimit -c unlimitedAnd re-running Penumbra and try and recreate the errorthen submit the generated core file or stack trace

Tried with Black Plague as well:
[up: 12h36m]::[bj@bj-EP45-UD3LR : ~/PenumbraCollection/BlackPlague]> ./blackplagueX Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)  Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)  Serial number of failed request:  338  Current serial number in output stream:  342(0) : fatal error C9999: *** exception during compilation ***Cg compiler terminated due to fatal errorPenumbra: Black Plague exited unexpectedly, please check/home/bj/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Black Plague/hpl.logfor any error messagesAlso try runningulimit -c unlimitedAnd re-running Penumbra and try and recreate the errorthen submit the generated core file or stack trace

Any ideas on how I can make these games run?
02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra collection games barfs on me when attempting to start them - by BjornP - 02-23-2012, 12:31 AM