Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?
Juby Away

Threads: 2
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?

(03-14-2012, 06:30 PM)Patacorow Wrote: Same goes for Amnesia - after the first Grunt encounter in the guest room when I first heard the music - I instantly knew it's the danger music and I should watch out for it. Once it's gone - I knew I was safe. And that kind of ruined my experience with enemies.

I hope I made my point Sleepy
I actually thought the guest room was the best execution of a monster spawn in the entire game. It wasn't your traditional "Oh I hear music, let's hide and wait for it to go away" tactic. The music played there was kinda a "hey hide now" type of thing and when the monster went away, you can hear a door open and close. This made me think that they could open level doors for a while. Come to think of it, that would be a great idea to add in custom stories.

Personally, I think monsters should be able to open closet door, but only if they hear you inside of it (low santiy heavy panting, moving, etc) And for the whole random spawning idea; lore-wise, the gatherers are searching for you so this would make sense and plus it would make everyone's experience different and that is a great thing.

I also wish that they trashed the musical cues when a monster spawns and instead only have that spawn roar to tell you that danger is lurking.

Insanity. Static.
03-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas? - by Juby - 03-22-2012, 02:40 AM