Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story

(07-26-2012, 10:17 AM)Acies Wrote: General stuff:
I would suggest toning down the blue. Add billboards. Add spotlights with gobos. Add particles. Add more detail to existing areas. Try to create some variation on the lighting at some places, relative shadows depending on distances to light. You could also try mixing up colors of lights, as you have tried with the blue and white/orange at some places.

Outside area: Outside you could for example give the area a very weak dark blue, housetops and treetops a lighter color with a faint blue and a large (slightly brighter than the treetops) spotlight for representing the moonlight.

Other than that I like your view on creating stories, aiming to create something of substenance.. Which is why I bothered commenting :>

Good luck to you!
The problem with adding billboards is that they make the light look like daylight. I originally had them, but they were too bright and they only looked strange when I toned them down. I will definitely try messing around with the colors though to see what works. As for detail, I agree that these areas could use a little more. I was planning to go back and improve some of the lesser detailed areas when I'm done, but I might as well just do it now.

The outside area has been giving me a lot of trouble actually. I can't seem to get it to look right. Its gone through a ton of changes since I took that screenshot however, and I have to say now it looks much better. I love the idea of having a spotlight to represent the moonlight, hopefully I can pull that off!

Thanks for the tips! Big Grin

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story - by Kman - 07-24-2012, 02:11 AM
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story - by Ermu - 07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story - by Ermu - 07-26-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story - by ElectricRed - 07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story - by TGST - 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM