Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Nightmare While Awake Chapter 1 Demo
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Nightmare While Awake Chapter 1 Demo

Yeah but them stumbling backwards and falling out of their chair isn't real fear, like Kreekakon said, it's a reflex. The moment it happens you'll get startled, but every time I've seen a pop-up like that I forget about it within 5 minutes. Now, if say I read a really great Creepypasta or the like, that could actually get me legitimately scared. there have been stories I've read that have kept me up at night thinking about them, but I can guarantee you're not going to lose any sleep thinking about how terrifying it was when the girl from the Exorcist screamed at you. Jumpscares are a one moment thing, it happens and then it's over, like one big release. You're not going to be scared of it coming because there's almost never any build up to it, and when one finally does come you'll be over it a few seconds later. But, if you take the time to build the atmosphere and do proper scares that can actually make the player paranoid, that can stick with them and make them nervous for the rest of the game.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 03:51 AM by Kman.)
10-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nightmare While Awake Chapter 1 Demo - by Kman - 10-01-2012, 03:51 AM