The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help setting up game
Divadoll Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Need some help setting up game

Hi, I'm new to this forum and the game Amnesia. After checking out the forum to try and solve problems with setting up the game, I am here looking for some help.

My desktop runs Windows 7Pro 64 bit; has a 17-2600k processor; has 16GB ram; has a soundblaster Titanium card; and most importantly has an EVDO Geforce 590GTX single video card in it. Just got rid of my SLI cards as they gave me problems. I have checked and several sites say that the game is compatible with my video card (I did the troubleshooting etc here and my drivers are all updated) however, when setting up the game I'm having problems. It defaults to 1024x680, hi texture, shadow quality medium, shadow resolution high, and quality medium.

I go to the start window after typing in a name and the start page graphics are terrible. I choose gamma of 1.6 and manage to start the game and the graphics still are poor. Finally figured out that "w" makes you go forward and the hand can grab stuff with the mouse. Well the graphics still are terrible and I still do not know what commands to use. Then as I walked out of the first room the game crashed my computer and I had to restart. Did more research for a fix and finally came here.

Under options there are a whole list of settings. If anyone is playing with a 590 card and could let me know which settings to use that would be helpful. Also if someone could tell me what keyboard keys to use to run, crouch, jump etc. that would be much appreciated. Many games use the arrow keys. This does not.

Hopefully with a little help from my new gaming friends here I can get this game going. BTW, this is the demo that Frictional suggested I try before I buy. I really want to make it work.

Thanks in advance! divadoll Shy
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Need some help setting up game - by Divadoll - 10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Robby - 10-06-2012, 07:17 AM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Kreekakon - 10-06-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Robby - 10-06-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Robby - 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Divadoll - 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Robby - 10-06-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: Need some help setting up game - by Divadoll - 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM