The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little disappointment after announcement of new Amnesia
includeownage Offline

Threads: 1
A little disappointment after announcement of new Amnesia

Hey, guys.

While waiting for the new Amnesia I couldn't keep for myself the feeling of somewhat disappointment. It's like I was happy and excited becuase of the new Frictional Games but at the same time my hopes were crashed.

The reason for it is probably the Penumbra series (Requem and Black Plague). I really loved the "theme" of the series and played through the games several times (the feeling of anxiety always gets to me no matter how many times I beat the game).

While Amnesia is a great game, and I must say it's everything Penumbra had but improved, I would rather play more modern themed game. At the same time not the Penumbra universe.

I was simply hoping for something new. I think that the reputation of Frictional Games can allowed them to safely create new franchise without risking black friday.
By new I mean the same general game engine/mechanics but a different theme.

TL;DR While I will surely buy and play Amnesia with pigs I had hoped that the next Frictional Games title will be something new. Something closer to modern world like Penumbra.

Did only I felt that mix of excitment and somewhat "let down"?
01-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A little disappointment after announcement of new Amnesia - by includeownage - 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM