Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story made by the whole community.
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Custom Story made by the whole community.

I've just read through the whole thread and examined the differents posts carefully. After spending some time thinking it finally dawned on me: Kman does have a point.

There are many ways to do this but organizing the whole deal is going to be the greatest challange. You would have to align the wills of everyone in the group so that everyone works towards a common goal. If it was a "do-your-own-map-and-then-connect-through-hub" it's easier since it's basically a compilation of a few great maps (if the modders making them are good of course). If it's supposed to be a coherent story however the modders would have to be of approximately equal skill (to get some sort of level consistency) as well as organized and with a clear vision of the "end product". That might be hard since people often have different ideas of "what is good/where we should take this". It's not impossible, I'm saying it's harder though considering the fact that this group (the team assembled across the forum) will probably have more difficulties in meeting the "of equal skill" and "shared vision" demands.

I think it's a great idea though! Very "do-able" if proper dedication is there. I won't join, but I wish you the best of luck!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013, 11:15 PM by Acies.)
03-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - by Acies - 03-04-2013, 11:14 PM