Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Don't Starve - Winter Strategy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy

Quote:I managed to accidently spawn 2 spider queens (By standing close to a tier 3 spider-nest)... Stupid thing! Beware of that. They're kinda dangerous with their spider-horde.
Oh yes! It seems spiders get more dangerous with every update... Big Grin what's great though: If there's a spider den in the swamp (or if you can get your hands on some eggs and plant one there) the spiders will wage war against nearby swamp monsters, flooding the battlefield with useful items every night. Awesome!

Quote: How do you farm a bee-block? Don't the bees get angry? You maybe have the bee hat?
Oh yes they get very angry! Since you can't harvest honey directly from the natural hives you need to destroy those to get a honeycomb that you can use to build your own beebox. Hit and run from the killer bees or use a boomerang to destroy it. Beehat helps a lot of course Big Grin
The self-made bee box then won't spawn killer bees if you just harvest it, only normal ones that you can outrun easily.
To plant flowers you need to catch butterflies with the bug net and plant those into the ground. Science!

Don't build your bee farm too close to your base though: When the hounds attack they'll often fight against the bees who can kill them if there are enough - and if there's a fire hound inbetween them your whole base can burn down!

Quote: Good to know! I should do that too!
It does have lower nutritional value than real beef but it can be used in crock pot recipes without a malus I think.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by Kreekakon - 04-06-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by Kreekakon - 04-06-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by Kreekakon - 04-06-2013, 03:55 PM