Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Headhanger Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

I got the "revenge" ending.

I thought I was going for the good-guy sort of ending because I helped with Agrippa's tonic and all that. The thing is that once I found I could lower the lightning barrier into the orb chamber, I just found myself being driven on. If Agrippa's disembodied voice had reminded me of what I was supposed to do, I might have seen the folly of my ways.

The sounds of the nightmare chasing me was enough to speed my progress so much that I had forgotten what Agrippa had said about slinging his head around.

Oh well, I guess Daniel gets to keep a grisly trophy from his travels to Prussia.

I'd like to play the game again and see the other endings, but I don't think my nerves can take all that again right away. The experience would be somewhat diluted too since I would have vivid memories of where the all of the scares are.

Daniel seems to have been the sort of person who would not, under normal circumstances, bring harm to others for his own gain. Unfortunately he was driven, slowly, to do cruel and wicked things by desperation and a master manipulator (Alexander).

I still question his use of the amnesia potion. I can see how well it fits as a plot device, and the reasoning he had for imbibing it in the first place, but he must have guessed that he'd discover more and more about his past the closer he got to Alexander to exact his revenge. He was desperate to forget the reprehensible things he had done, but simultaneously planned to commit murder straight after that.

I think that Alexander lost the plot a few years (decades?) back and forgot what put him on that road in the first place. He probably relished in corrupting Daniel.

Agrippa is more of a grey area for me. I'd need to think more on him to make up my mind.

I liked the ending I got, but I was half expecting the final door to Brennenburg to slam shut just before Daniel reached it, turning his victorious air of confidence and righteousness into sudden dread and hopelessness.
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Headhanger - 09-10-2010, 09:09 PM