Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
kastanok Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I need to die, I have done awful things and the only way to stop the Guardian killing more innocents is for it to take me. Alexander is twisted but on the whole more logical than malicious. Still, despite his genius he too is too dangerous to let live. Who knows what he'd do with the power of the orb!? And Agrippa, well he was probably just as perverted as the two of us but he seemed a good enough man. He didn't deserve to suffer like that, maybe doing as he asked would be best.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I knocked over the pylons, feeling rather confused and wondering if that was necessary to proceed. I waited around a little bit but nothing happened and Alexander just looked at me, silent, so I felt forced into that path.

3) How did you like the ending?

I was left in a state of bewilderment. In my review notes I wrote 'Ending: Bwuh?'. Granted, it felt like the kind of thing Daniel would have done, but then wasn't I Daniel now?

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I loaded the Orb Chamber again and tried both other endings, largely out of curiosity to see how it unfolded and what the final cinematics were. Out of the three, my favourite was throwing in Agrippa because everyone got what was coming to them and it felt like a neat, tidy conclusion.

As far as endings go, I did find myself wishing that I could end it earlier by leaving the castle. There are several times that Daniel passes great sets of double doors that I presume lead to the outside, and while it would have curtailed the story I experienced, running away again felt like how Daniel/I would respond having lost his/my memories. After all running away is what he has done all the way up until this point.

09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by kastanok - 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM