Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Adeno Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

Hi there, I want to share my experience and thoughts at the time when I and some viewers finally reached the final part of the game.

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what were your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

When we all reached the orb room for the first time, everybody started to worry. "Look at those rocks!" some said. "Dude, there's a naked old guy with his vienna sausage exposed floating around!" a lot noticed. "Oh crap, it's VIGO from Ghostbusters 2!" one exclaimed. "Oh sh..." a lot shouted.

Since we were all playing the game together, we all felt like we were in trouble because in front of us was a naked old man who has the ability to float in the air, has magic flames or aura that hurts us, and he already knows that we're there the moment we entered his room!

As the old man started talking to us, we were all planning on ways to kill him. We looked around the environment and quickly noticed that the pillars were fragile. We tried to push it but couldn't. We just forgot how to move heavy stuff around after not having to do so for quite some time.

We ended up trying to throw the head on the old man but it didn't work. We even tried the hammer thing but none of the items worked. So for the first time, we thought we'd just listen to what the old man said as we watched from the front in all his naked senior glory.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

The first ending that we got was the one where Alexander finally got through the portal and we died. This was NOT by choice. We didn't want to die because we believed we were the heroes and Alexander was some kind of psycho evil wizard guy.

When the red organic matter first started showing up, we started to run around the room, trying to find a safe spot. All of the floor was suddenly covered so we tried jumping on the teleporter thing. We died and Alexander thanked us.

3) How did you like the ending?

This ending where we died was met with very bad reaction from everyone. "IT SUCKS!". "WTF?!?!?!". "Dude this blows!". "WE WENT THROUGH ALL THAT FOR THIS?!?!". Those were the initial reactions that were said by the viewers, including myself. The moment the credits started rolling we knew it was the end. I let the credits roll, because normally in today's games, there are extras after the credits. Well, we found a weird tiny code below "The End".

The most dominant emotion shown during this part was pure disappointment. Not only because it was too short, but it was also bad for our character that we already considered as "us".

"What did we help that douche head for?" asked one of my viewers, as he remembered all the trouble we got into just to make his potion.

Actually, because of this horrible ending, I ended up figuring out how to get the other endings without having to go through the entire game again. This ending was that bad. It really gave me that first instinct. It really made me think "This simply CANNOT be the only ending!".

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

First, I'll have to reiterate my "motivation" for seeing more endings. We were all very disappointed with the bad ending, coupled with the fact that it was too short. At least, for a bad ending, there could have been a little more said or shown aside from dying and being thanked by our enemy. It's like a simple long version of a "Game Over" screen. This is what motivated me and the others to find the other endings, which we didn't even know existed at the time.

Our favorite ending was the good ending. We still couldn't figure out (or remember) how to push those pillars, so we started clicking on everything, using everything in our inventory, especially the head. Suddenly, we got a "The portal isn't open yet." message, which was a good sign. We waited and kept on trying until the portal was fully open. We put the head there and happily watched as Alexander got annihilated by whatever it was. We got killed too it seems, but everyone was happier because we "took out the bad guy".

The ending continued and we were happy to hear that it seems even though dead or at least out of his original body, Daniel was being saved. The good ending is still too short, but the positive events that happened made this ending a hundred times better than the bad ending. For the good ending, I think it would have been nicer if it was extended or treated in a special way, such as telling us more of what happened next after Daniel was being helped.

The "normal" ending was met with a "meh" reaction. We finally figured out a way to push the pillars and break them. Everyone cheered when we finally took out all of the pillars and Alexander got destroyed. Then we got "killed" or hurt by the red organic matter. It seems that Daniel got trapped in the castle until it eventually crumbled. This ending was somewhat long, but it didn't really show anything new.

The endings really could have used a lot more development, even the good ending.

Anyway, despite the endings, I still love the game a lot for what it isBig Grin

09-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Adeno - 09-11-2010, 11:41 PM