Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
iTIMMEH Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

I posted my thoughts on the ending in another thread but I'll add them to this thread now that I've found it.

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I felt toward the end that Daniel was quite an unpleasant character. Like a child he blames Alexander for all the things he's done and seeks revenge for Alexander's manipulation. True, Alexander took advantage of him but Daniel wasn't enthralled - he chose to perform those acts believing that he was working to protect himself and seemed to have become quite consumed by and obsessed with them. His motivation was simply selfish self-preservation and only briefly did he reflect on what he had done but in the end refuses to accept any responsibility.

Given that Daniel villifies Alexander I began wanting to see him destroyed. As the game progressed I began to associate with Alexander's situation. He sees the deeds they commit as necessary to get back home (and to his loved one?). Taking into account that he is from another world one can understand he might not view taking human life in the same way we do, placed in a similar situation we would probably skin a whole bunch of bunnies without batting an eyelid. He seems regretful for manipulating Daniel and doesn't have any malice toward him. None of this of course excuses all the blood on his hands.

I saw Agrippa as a victim but I thinking about it suppose he and Weyer were conducting the same type of experiments? Given the short time he is part of the story I don't have much more of an opinion of him.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I helped Agrippa reunite with Weyer, this was by choice. Given what he had been subjected to he seemed the least reprehensible character at this point anyway.

3) How did you like the ending?

I liked the ending but felt it could have been more developed. Given the events that had taken place, I felt helping Agrippa was the correct thing to do and that Daniel and Alexander both got what they deserved.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I didn't like the ending with Alexander dying and Daniel walking away because of my feelings about the characters and their motivations throughout. I didn't feel that Daniel had the right to walk away with a clear conscience.
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by iTIMMEH - 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM