Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
CD Set Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

The revelations about Daniel actually reminded me a whole lot of Silent Hill 2's storyline, and what happens to James in that game. Won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it, but in a way the line between protagonist/villain is somewhat blurred towards the end. That's not to say I completely lost all good will in the character, on the contrary it kind of fleshed out his story and in a way I kind of gained sympathy for him (if not then understanding). I never really sympathized with his complete and utter will to kill Alexander though. I mean, the guy was evil but Daniel's own hands weren't exactly clean, either.

As for Alexander, I didn't really see him as too much of a villain actually. I mean, he tortured who-knows how many victims, but I didn't find that this made him that much more of a bad-guy, probably because of the fact that he had Daniel as an (should we say) assistant. Also, his motivations weren't always entirely obvious (and some aspects of it still remain unanswered), so I'd call him more mysterious than anything else.

Agrippa was a welcome change in that you actually encountered someone... or eh, something that actually talked to you. (Except Alexander). I liked the fact that he was on your side and that he didn't demand you help him.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I got the "Revenge" ending, where you push the columns down to the ground. To be honest, it wasn't really a choice since I initially intended to help Agrippa through the portal. I suppose it was more of a misunderstanding on my end because I just instinctly tried to stop Alexander any way I could. I guess I thought Agrippa's head would come into play later.

3) How did you like the ending?

I actually liked it, probably the most out of all the endings. Most likely because of the fact that you are shown a longer sequence at the end which gives the story more closure.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

As I said, the revenge one was my favourite. I felt that the other two (mainly the Agrippa ending) felt a little too... should I say, hollow? I mean, there wasn't really any conclusion on what ultimately happened, nor what happens to Daniel. The bad ending speaks for itself though, I think. Wink

I guess my motivation for seeing all three endings was mainly because the checkpoint was right before, coupled with the fact that I had already done Agrippa's tasks. Also, I'm almost always curious in seeing all the endings I can obtain when playing games. I guess I also wanted to see just what would make the endings differ from one another.
09-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by CD Set - 09-13-2010, 03:53 PM