Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Viking Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Daniel I synpathised to begin with, thinking that Alexander had put this curse on him, but as the story progressed and you find out what he did, I started to resent his selfishness to stay alive, no matter the cost. Even fooling himself into believing the prisoners were actually guilty depsite their pleas (this was a turning point in how I felt about Daniel) In the end, freeing his mind to put his resolve into revenge, was maybe his final retribution, but it felt like a cowards way out.

Alexander I didn't feel anything for. Just felt like a generic madman desiring power. The ruse to lure Daniel into using him for power was only slightly covered up. As the player you could tell Daniel was being played the fool partway through the story.

Agrippa was interesting. Initially shocking to look at but I felt sorry towards his imprisonment. Wondered if there was perhaps some other hidden agenda, but after he talked and talked so much, just glad for a friendly ear, I started to realise he was really just wanting release.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

First time was the Bad Ending. Only reason for this was I was trying to wiggle the pillars free instead of just pushing them. I had chosen to NOT help Agrippa on this first occassion just to see what happened.

3) How did you like the ending?

It was what I would expect. Bad guy wins. You die. Fade to black. An expected short and unsatisfactory ending given the circumstances.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

After that the Revenge ending was done. Did not expect to see Daniel walking out the castle. Fully expected complete death again along with Alexander. Felt like Daniel shouldn't have been allowed to leave (perhaps slamming of the door shut and more of the meat fading in to cover the door shut just as he reaches it would have been 'preferable')

Then got the Agrippa ending. Much nicer altogether. Short, but you don't want too much explained of the unexplainable beyond the portal. Mystery needs to be maintained.
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Viking - 09-13-2010, 10:01 PM