Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Kim Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: 1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Daniel
I think the best, short, way I can describe Daniel is: he's an egomanic wuss. He's like one of those people who unquestioningly follow someone for the sole reason that they make them ever so slightly less guilty about whatever they do. To not stop and think about what he's been doing until after he has hunted down and murdered a young girl? Really now?

He also appears to have some strange fears. He's got no problem with that thick iron mist, but he notices a hint of a shadow moving in the distance and he starts freaking out, while standing on top of a pillar where no one can reach him. ;P

In other words, "It rubs the lotion on its skin".

Alexander
Still not quite clear on his persona. He appears to be an exile of this alternate dimension/plane of existence which the gate leads to and sees humans and their vitae as a tool to return.

I don't like him for what he's dragged me into. But I can't really complain about his behavior, he's something of a farmer really. Just making sure the "plants" grows. It's hard to explain it in any more precise way. Undecided

Agrippa
I guess I found him to be an interesting contrast to everything else in the castle, but not really much more. I mean, you don't really learn much about him, do you?

Speaking of their personas. It's really nice how you have based most of the stuff on old folk tales and actual living (well, dead now) people. Instead of the usual Abrahamic mythology.

Quote:2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

Well, first of I were very agitated when I entered the room. Mainly due to having spent the last two hours failing to stop the machine. It was pure luck that I, in my rage as I threw and hammered away at the cogs, got a message telling me that the object is too small. Yes, I never thought of putting things into the corner; but celebrations were had when I brought one of those giant styrofoam rocks and finally could progress. \o/

Anyhow, I got my "revenge" by throwing Agrippa into the portal. Not because I had any special attachment to him, rather, I did it out of spite for Alexander and the pain and suffering he had put me through.
So ,yes, it was by my own choice.

Quote:3) How did you like the ending?

Definitely my favorite. It felt a bit like when you entered the fountain room for the first time. Soothing and a nice break after everything you've been through. Until you start thinking about the world beyond. Wink

Quote:4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I tipped one of the pillars over on my first time through the sequence and were told that the gate would be destroyed. I were curious but I decided to wait instead, just in case. I liked the ending, but it were also pretty stereotypical in ways. Would've liked to know what happened to Agrippa, did he die when the connection were broken? Were he left to rot in the castle? Did Daniel bring him with him?

Then there's the obvious "twiddle your fingers" ending which, as expected, were pretty "meh".

I also would've liked some more information on the real identity of Daniel, if he had one. I can't seem to find any such historic people.

Great game, could've easily paid double the price or set up a monthly charity donation once I find work. =)
09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Kim - 09-14-2010, 10:58 PM