Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
udm Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) I like the gradual bridging of events in Daniel's life, so it was very interesting for me by the end of the game, that Daniel turned out to be such a monster. I was torn between a like-hate relationship with Daniel. On one hand, he was a victim of circumstances, allowing himself to be manipulated. On the other hand, it wasn't as if he was completely unaware of his own doings. I believe that was also partially why he drank the Amnesia potion - to wash away the guilt.

Towards Alexander, I'm still not quite sure of his agenda. I thought that those intermittent messages where you interacted with this strange cylindrical object expressed the thoughts of Alexander (the "When can I see my love..." messages), but I'm not too sure about that.

As for Agrippa...well it's hard to tell, really. One can tell he is a self-serving person, from his notes to Johann. OTOH, he really didn't do anything to harm Daniel...

2) No it wasn't a choice. I wanted to tip the pylons over, but I didn't know how to. It didn't occur to me that it involved physics interaction. I just kept clicking on the pylons, which of course didn't fall. I just watched through to the end until the shadow consumed me.

3) I think all 3 endings are brilliant. The best, of course, is the canonical one, where Daniel escapes Brennenburg. The music felt really soothing and warming, evoking the feeling of not just you escaping the horrors, but having paid your due to the victims too.

4) Uh ok I think I just answered this question above lol.
09-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by udm - 09-20-2010, 05:45 AM