Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
kopa Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

Woah. I hope this thread is still being read. I'll just shoot for the sake of it.

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I had no feelings towards myself. I felt disgusted by Daniel's actions, but there was a glimmer of hope when he wants to 'set things right'. Alexander just came off as evil, and his intentions weren't really explored except for being 'evil'. I know there are hints here and there, but they aren't very conclusive and this is the feeling I had when I entered the room. Agrippa just felt like a good guy. When Alexander says that there isn't a black and white and that there is evil in Agrippa I was quite confused because the game never presented me with information that might make me think that of Agrippa, neither did I have much information to find much good in Alexander.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

It wasn't much of a choice. I didn't understand what to do at first, then I waited and hoped that the portal would open, but it took so long time that I was unsure at first. Then I threw Agrippa's head in and was left confused as to the consequences of my actions.

3) How did you like the ending?
I think the whole ending room was just... bad. The whole game built up to something else than one of the simplest puzzles in the game. Personally I would liked to have seem something more grotesque. If you wanted to kill Alexander, you should've have to go through the action of brutally murdering him by beating him repeatedly with your fists (or smash his head to the ground). The Agrippa ending should've been you physically throwing his head into the portal and not "using" it on it. I mean, you really nailed the "magician cliché". My archnemesis behind a wall of magic and unreachable? Check. Extremely vurnerable devices right in front of me for the taking? Check. My biggest complaint is how none of the endings except for the "revenge" ending gives closure.

I mean, compare it to the ending of Black Plague where you really felt like "this is the end, no further questions".

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?
The ending where you kill Alexander and run out of the castle because it felt like the most conclusive one. Better than just one line, and a guessing contest.
09-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by kopa - 09-28-2010, 11:53 AM