Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Perfectionist Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

Firstly congrats on a good game, love horror type games (and the first person view plus point and click type) and do not find myself being scared usually but soon as i spotted a monster and 180'd and ran and heard it chasing it after me, my heart did pound. Was quite atmospheric.

1, I did not really like Daniel for his choices, it does not matter if people are evil it does not give the right to actually torture someone, he is sick in the head no matter what, just like Alex. I like Agrippa's personality but he was also in the same league if i remember correctly - either way his persona made me want to save him anyway and he had the same enemy.

(i thought Alexanders body could have done with a bit of work graphically though - plus it did make me cringe a tiny bit seeing another man hood on show).

I think you should always be careful when giving a person a voice and reminding you with things though, i did start to tire of Agrippa by the way everytime i came by him he said i was a nice guy but had to get a move on. He just would not stop after i found all 6 pieces about finding it in my heart, pretty soon after he said it he would say it again pulling you out of the game and focusing on a design flaw.

2, First ending i got was pushing down the pillars, once i seen that one glow i knew what i had to do.

I never thought waiting around though wouldve made the portal appear, due to the gap i just thought it was waiting for my next move and it would probably appear after. If done differently i would have made Alexander keep talking, made the power surge from the pillars get bigger.

3, Unfortunately short lived, it seemed like it was a little rushed. After all that gaming i like to take my hand away from the keyboard and mouse and just sit back with a cig and see the ending to it all, unfortunately it went too quickly though to get that satisfaction of accomplishment (i did like though you could walk through your ending).

4, Seen all 3 due to loading. I needed to try and get a fix to satisfy getting more out of your game and not wanting it to end. Alexanders ending, never got to see where he went to, Aggripa's ending seemed a little dark and there was nothing from Weyer but i did like the thought of him saving me.

All in all though i am pleased i bought your game after seeing it a couple of weeks before on steam, according to statstics totalled up 10 hours worth of adventuring making sure nothing was left behind.

To give your game more replay value though, choices should have been made earlier on, making them right near to the end just means people get to see everything too soon due to not controlling curiosity.

Something to sit back to would have made it perfect.
10-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Perfectionist - 10-31-2010, 02:09 AM