Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
nihilist Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: 1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Frankly, Daniel seems to be slightly too stupid, ignorant and blunt for a young archeologist (if I understood correctly, he was Herbert's assistant, not your average gravedigger). Even if he ultimately realizes the monster he has become, he is completely blind to Alexander's suffering and believes he has simply been manipulated by some sick perverted old guy. If it weren't for Agrippa I would have left him to die.

I've grown quite sympathetic towards Alexander, even though I've had the impression (for at least a third of the game) that he's just one sick and evil motherfucker. I'd be curious to know why he got exiled from his world in the first place. In the end he didn't look evil at all anymore, just an unfortunate and sad creature, that had grown so bitter throughout the centuries, perhaps out of longing for the love that he lost. Those canisters scattered through the game that contain his deepest thoughts... well, shave my beard and call me teddy if they reveal a bloodthirsty psychopath. The only thing I see is a very sad man, determined to set things right (it might seem that he is selfish, but in the end, why would he care for our plane of existence and the beings in it at all?).

As for Agrippa, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy, much as Alexander must have been, before his exile. His voice reminds me of Albert Einstein, which is just awesome Big Grin.

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: 2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I threw Agrippa's head through the portal, as he had instructed me. Yes, it was my choice, I couldn't leave him there, to be killed by the shadow or the crumbling castle.

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: 3) How did you like the ending?

I was glad that Daniel was no longer a part of this world, for in my book he is the only real monster in the game. I felt sorry for Alexander, it would have felt a lot better if he could see, at least for one last time, that love of his for which he endured over the centuries. Also, felt really good for Agrippa. All in all, it was a great, rich ending.

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: 4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

No. I've read about them, but if they involve leaving Agrippa behind, then sorry, they are not for me. If Agrippa wouldn't exist at all, then I'd let Daniel die and Alexander return home.
12-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by nihilist - 12-30-2010, 12:45 AM