Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Vivec Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: Now that a many of you have completed the game, we would like to take the opportunity and ask some questions related to the Ending and the story as a whole.

Here goes:

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

3) How did you like the ending?

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

About halfway through I started to think of Daniel as an absolute ass, especially after all he had done to innocent people. However, the more and more I understood how he felt and the utter terror he had of dying, the more and more I felt sympathetic. At the end, I felt very fond of Daniel and I decided he/I deserved a better fate than being devoured by the Shadow/Killed for Agrippa's sake.

My feelings about Alexander were similarly mixed. The first time I went through the whole thing, I actually felt like Alexander was a decent fellow and that he was doing it for Daniel's sake, and that Daniel was more of a monster. Then I paid more attention to the notes and Alexander's manipulation (and the obvious rape scenarios! Tongue) and I realized Alexander was a total and utter monster. Especially during the animal torture scene. Seeing his shriveled yet awe inspiring penis at the end of the game was, for me, the last straw, and his death cry was exhilarating.

My feelings about Agrippa were consistent throughout. He's a yappy idiot who didn't deserve to go through the portal. Thusly I never bothered worrying about his tonic. I never felt any sympathy for him, really.

2. Agrippa's goody goody ending the first time, actually. I really only chose that ending the first time because I didn't know what else to do (besides stare at the Baron's genitalia).

3. I don't like that ending. It makes me feel so unsatisfied. Daniel gets killed by the Shadow and joins Agrippa and Weyer in space/heaven/???. It just didn't seem right - it felt anticlimactic, especially after the extremely laborious journey to arrive at the Inner Sanctum. A huge buildup, just to die after a few minutes.

4. On subsequent playthroughs I've preferred to have the revenge ending. It seems the most appropriate. Daniel walks out of the castle to finally see daylight again, (hopefully) no longer hunted by the Shadow. He's still haunted by the things he did and saw, of course, but he uses this horrific past to learn from and make himself a better man. Definitely my favorite ending, makes me feel very satisfied and happy after. It must have been terribly awkward walking past Agrippa though.

The ending where Alexander goes through the portal and Daniel's consumed by the shadow definitely seems the worst. Alexander goes spot-free, and the Shadow is probably very pissed off. It probably like destroys the world or something Tongue

I wanted to see the other endings because the first was very unsatisfying, after spending so much time shitting my pants. Well, Daniel's pants.
01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Vivec - 01-27-2011, 08:12 PM