Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: Now that a many of you have completed the game, we would like to take the opportunity and ask some questions related to the Ending and the story as a whole.

Here goes:

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

3) How did you like the ending?

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

1) I felt I (Daniel) needed to see it through to the end, to make sure that Alexander's means were not fulfilled. I felt that Daniel was the lesser of the two evils...but by the end of the game I saw him only as a protagonist, no hero at all. Alexander I see as mostly evil and highly manipulative.

2) The first ending I got was being consumed by the shadow in the cell, out of not being able to escape. I reloaded, continued to the end and knocked over the pylons (good ending).

3) The ending which results in Daniel being consumed, and Alexander passing through the portal is awful, awful, AWFUL...but very powerful and well implemented. His gratitude to you is all the more a slap in the face. I feel it was good to experience that ending once, but afterward, I wanted to try again and this time take down Alexander. Tongue

The good ending felt like Daniel got off very easily to me. I felt like killing Alexander was an important 'mission' but not exactly grounds for Daniel's redemption. I never got the ending where you use Agrippa's head (as I was captured before I got all the materials to save him Sad ) but I feel the 'good' and 'special' endings should have been switched to some extent. The special ending seems to leave Daniel in limbo almost and the good ending is life and freedom.

4) Guess I already answered that...
02-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by gandalf91 - 02-24-2011, 03:12 AM