Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics
VergilPrime Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago I got it!!!

Heres how to fix this on an HP Pavillion DV7 running Windows 7. I suspect it may fix the problem on all HPs with the dual graphics card nightmare. Please share and credit VergilPrime :3

Step 1: Download HP Support Assistant.
Seems all of HP's drivers and updates must be downloaded through this program. Attempts to update through the web are a nightmare at best.

Step 2: Update Bios with HP Support Assistant.
Fn + Escape key will tell you what bios you have. If you have one past 7/20/2011 then you dont need to update.

Step 3: access Bios menu
Restart your computer and tap F10 repeatedly during the startup process

Step 4: find Switchable Graphics something or other.
It should be under "system settings" or something in Bios. It will be set do dynamic, set it to fixed.

Step 5: Save and continue booting windows.
Press f10 again and it should prompt you to save changes and exit bios.

Step 6: Set graphics card to GeForce or whatever you have
Right click on the desktop and click configue switchable graphics, the stupid screen you saw before should be replaced with a simple switch back and forth between "Power Saving GPU" and "High Performance GPU". Select High Performance, Apply and exit.

Now when you run the launcher it should detect Radeon instead of Intel.

Much thanks to Jack from HP customer support who helped me troubleshoot this problem for an entire hour and a half, stabbing in the dark with me until we found this solution.
10-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
I got it!!! - by VergilPrime - 10-11-2011, 05:08 PM