Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May
cook Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May

Yes, excuse the picture, it's not me - this map was originally just designed for some friends with tonnes of in-jokes etc, this was an artefact of that - on which note, if you can think of a good name for this map I'd be happy to hear it - I may incorporate it in my next map with more of a storyline which already has a placeholder name of the servant's trials. I'll remove it - and I don't know how to make the brutes faster - they are already set to run at full speed constantly, and I have 300 nodes placed each per step to follow but they always seem to get caught - some people have suggested making the brute ignore the player and just follow the nodes until hes at close range whilst running which I think I will try eventually.

It's good to have feedback on being prepared for the attic monster, I can't tell myself since I'm always prepared but I'll add a note and put some falling dust / fog from that hole so you can see it's there, I may add more holes just to keep a slight element of suprise in that you don't know which one he's going to drop from.
Spoiler below!
This needs to be applied to the painting monster too since in earlier versions he chased you directly to the ladder, which was far far scarier(personally), I will also be changing it so the monster is spawned closer to painting, thus making him slam the painting out of the doorway when you touch it instantly.

Spoiler below!
The idea with the staircase was that you knew there were 3 brutes - but you could only see 2, one opposite going up the stairs a long way away, the other next to you - and the other presumably right behind you, so you know what's chasing you without having to use backwards run, I thought it would act as a deterrent to turning full 180, which makes things worse if you don't know if there's one right behind you imo.

The water lurker part has a carpet covering up the hole, when you step on it the carpet disappears(I don't know how to make it fall), I'm thinking of replacing this with breakable wood since it's easier to do.

The plan with the statues was to have you go insane if you turned around(looked at them), and take damage if you touch them during the chase, I didn't put enough effort in sadly.

The upside down room should be killing you when you fall into the darkness, I'll investigate, I'll be changing those doors too(the original plan was to have actual monsters, then I found they can't be glued to the ceiling.)

Thanks for the feedback. It inspires me to work more.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 01:33 PM by cook.)
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May - by cook - 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM