Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Day of Redemption (Amnesia custom story) *RELEASED
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Day of Redemption (Amnesia custom story) *RELEASED

So here it comes... Drunken feedback from a fellow finn, in english of course because you need to learn a lil more just so you can communicate with the nowdays so common language (atleast at the interwebz)(btw I'm quite bad too).
So I am going to tackle on most of the same things that bobbo told you already. That is how damn unclear everything was!
So its the typical: wake up in some place you can only exit from one place and surprise surprise you have to get away from there (ever wonder how you got there?). Then it was just running straight and triggering random collide jump scares and picking up keys for nearby doors.
Enemies appeared from nowhere and I was only excited/scared (whatever you wanna call it (I think while being drunk, you don't really get that excited... So don't get drunk kids!)) in the brute part, where you first of all had that damn chair with the rock that was hard to move away, and when I got to open the closet, the Fu**ing shit was full of crap. I "aggroed" the brute, but got lucky when it didn't oneshot me and disappeared.
From lighting... Don't get offended because I whine about this same fact to about every custom story I play. Use something else than lamp entites only for lighting! You had no box light and only spot lights to give light to areas, and that looks very unrealistic.
But I assume this was your first custom story that you've made and it didn't really lack anything too important (except for particle effects and billboards), but if you have everything "half done" it does not feel right and you can't get immersed.
I'm willing to help you with your future projects for sure though! Just pm me and ask me for my msn or something. (voin tarkistaa sun grammarit ja kattoa mapin läpi / antaa helvetisti vinkkejä atmösfäärin rakentamisesta, joten ihmeessä ota yhteyttä)

btw, "hevi" ja metalli sama asia??? Mitä helvettiä mies
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM by Khyrpa.)
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Day of Redemption (Amnesia custom story) *RELEASED - by Khyrpa - 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM