Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update 1.2 asking for serial??
Kasbe Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Update 1.2 asking for serial??

So, I bought Amnesia today in a Media Market store in Hungary, where I'm on vacation (the game wasnt sold in Spain, and I refuse to purchase online). Retail version works perfectly fine, just asks me to play with the game disk inside the tray.
Then, I installed patch 1.2. It didnt work. After some searching around, and copying the new files on the redist folder to the main game folder, I've found myself unable to play the game anymore. It now asks me for a "serial number".
...What serial? I didnt receive a serial with the game, I've looked everyone, on the DVD, the manual, the box, and found no trace of this serial number thing.

So... what do I do now? I want to play the Justine expansion but I seem to be unable to update to 1.2.

P.D: I have the game box with me, and the ticket the cashier gave me, in case you want visual proof of me having a legit copy.
09-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Update 1.2 asking for serial??

You have to check with the publisher of the box for an update, we sent all partners the update files so that they could make updates in case they did not use our original installer setup (with serial).
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Website Find
Kasbe Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Update 1.2 asking for serial??

EDIT: Nevermind. It's going to be impossible for me to contact Cenega on this because of the language barrier.

Armed with a dictionary and an online translator I've been able to browse through their webpage and found no patch for this retail version. I found an alternate solution here on the forums though. Not the cleanest and most stylish one, but it works.

I know this question must have been asked thousands of times, but I hoped for a little more guidance from the staff, and even more considering how simple the solution was in the end.

Oh, and I wouldnt want to forget to say this: I tried this game (steam ver) a while ago at a friend's house and it totally blew up my mind (I've been meaning to get myself a copy since then). My most sincere congratulations to the team, you have gained a loyal fan and I'm looking forward for your next (and previous) games. I'm sure obstacles like the one I had will be less and less common in future releases, as you get more and more player feedback.

Thanks also for the development kit, thanks for the extra content, thanks for encouraging players to make their own custom levels.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2011, 02:48 PM by Kasbe.)
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Find