Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Haunted: Hells Reach
Gamerbomb Offline

Threads: 2
The Haunted: Hells Reach

The game The Haunted: Hells Reach is a new game that was just released. The game started out to be a mod for the Unreal Tournament 3 game and has been developing further more to get published by THQ.

The reason why I want to talk about the game, is because the game is really underrated, and I think you should all check out the game. I am myself playing it a lot. The game is basically a normal survival game where you either have to survive the longest you ever possibly can or survive in a specific amount of time and then go to next level until you meet the final boss. In the mean time there's tons of monsters in many different shapes and difficulty. The monsters has different weaknesses. While you are playing, you can upgrade the three weapons (Pistol, Shotgun and assault rifle). Around the mpas you can pick up ammo, special weapons and dynamite and other explosive stuff.

While the time is ticking and more and more monsters are spawning, then game is also about highscores. While playing, you can do different combos, which gives you extra points. So at the same time, you also have to be careful how you handle the monsters, if you want the most points.

I have already been playing the game for over 10 hours, and the game was released yesterday on steam. I would encourage you to give it a try, and the people behind the game are really friendly as I have already been in contact with them several times.

What do you think about it?

BTW. I talked with them yesterday, and they told me that they are working on new modes and maps for the game Big Grin

10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
RE: The Haunted: Hells Reach

I haven't bought the game yet, but if it's anything like the Unreal Tournament 3 mod I played a while back, it should be awesome!
10-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

There is no real horror after all if there is also shooting. Thats my point of view :/

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
10-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Obvious award 2011.

You do realize that it's supposed to be a really fun shooter, right?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Website Find
byth Offline

Threads: 1

(10-30-2011, 09:03 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: There is no real horror after all if there is also shooting. Thats my point of view :/
Ever played Nightmare House 2? It can be done. I haven't played Hell's Reach though.
10-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(10-30-2011, 09:03 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: There is no real horror after all if there is also shooting. Thats my point of view :/
And I disagree. 1. A sufficiently weak pistol, 2. rare enough ammo, 3. enough enemies, or 4. enemies that do not die for long, a game with guns can definitely be psychological/survival/true horror. Basically situations where the gun only buys you scant time instead of making you an angel of death.
10-31-2011, 05:43 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

This actually looks pretty good, despite not having a real singleplayer campaign. I've never been fond of multiplayer-based games, but I think I'll probably give this one a go sometime soon.

10-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Find