Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Numbsnarknit's Opinion on Penumbra
Numbsnarknit Offline

Threads: 2
Numbsnarknit's Opinion on Penumbra

Hello, everyone. I recently played through the Penumbra series (not Requiem, I don't like lack of horror) and here is my review on each game.

Penumbra Overture was, in my opinion, the best game. It has a great story, great scare factor (the first dog), and smooth performance on my poor graphics card. I could play with max settings with minimum performance slowdowns. The ending really just left me without words, as well. I rate it a nine out of ten.

Black Plague was an astounding game as well. The graphics were somewhat better and there were less enemies, and they were harder to avoid because of their flashlights. However, I didn't like the story as well. It definitely had its terrifying parts like
Spoiler below!
the body in the Kennel that falls from the ceiling
or
Spoiler below!
when Clarence possesses the body
but, like I said, the story was not as well planned and I had a harder time immersing myself into the gameplay. The ending was good, but not as well as the one in Overture. I rate it a seven out of ten.

I never really played Requiem, but I did get two levels in. I couldn't solve after that, because my brain is mediocre at puzzle solving. It had no horror, and no discernible plot line, but for what it was designed for, I really enjoyed it and admire Frictional Games for it. This was a six out of ten.

I hope you enjoyed reading my reviews. I really want to start playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but I can't afford it as of now. If anyone stumbles upon enough money and are feeling generous, then you can gift it to me on Steam (my username is the same as this one, Numbsnarknit) and I will write a review on that, too. Thanks for reading!
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 11:39 PM by Numbsnarknit.)
11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Numbsnarknit's Opinion on Penumbra

It's too bad you just missed the 4 dollar Amnesia sale. I'm sure it'll go on sale again around the end of the month, though.
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Find