Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra in Sims 3
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Penumbra in Sims 3

well Jik could uninstall the game, do a clean install and then try the mod again.
10-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

I'm going to try that actually... as soon as my other friend Kitters and I are done playing Isle for the day.. XD

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
10-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

Hey eiahmon, I was just wondering if you got the recent Sims 3 Pets and if you were going to add dogs... Smile
10-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

*looks around* Who recolored the forum?

Yeah, I know I've been missing for a while, but it was this annoying thing called real life (And this addicting thing called Minecraft.) I believe you're all familiar with that? XD

Anyway, no, I don't have Pets yet, and don't plan on adding things from it, though the expansion, (or it's patch) will be neccessary for the lot to play. Which brings me to why I popped in. After Jik installed the expansion, and I installed the patch, I repackaged the lot for her - all attempts to install it before had failed - and she tried again. This time, instead of the whole "Your game is out of date. Please update your game." message that she had been getting, she got a "This content is already installed." message instead. The lot still won't show up in her in game bin, and that coupled with the fact that she was having serious issues with EA Download Manager for a while have made me mostly certain that it is her game screwing up and not the lot itself. (Installed lots and sims not showing in the Bin is a glitch that is sometimes caused by the Generations EP. Sometimes it fixes itself, other times the game must be reinstalled.) My friend Angel was unable to get a few of the neccesary patches to install and so her game is out of date and can't install the lot either.

Despite all this, I was wondering if you all here think I should release the lot anyway? I've playtested the hell out of it, and it is stable and runs smoothly - aside from some minor cc lag from the TONS of custom content. If you are running sims 3 on a low end machine, your computer WILL struggle with this lot. If people here download the lot and can't install it either, I will rebuild the damned thing from scratch as a last resort, though I'm hoping that it won't come to that. I will also supply the sims without their lot for those that don't have all the neccesary expansions. One of my other friends that has only the base game was able to install the sims without the lot even though she was missing the stuff and expansions that contained Red's clothes, Eminiss' hair, etc. I"ll also throw in all the CC. Smile

Thoughts?

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
11-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Guys, it is released so go here and make sure to download it:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11302.html

Great work eiahmon! Smile
11-12-2011, 03:05 PM