Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Scroobs Castle Remake [Released!]

(12-27-2011, 03:26 AM)Statyk Wrote: _________
Played it! Here's my short response:

Spoiler below!

Seemed pretty interesting when it got to the long hallway that was shutting lights down. That was pretty weird, but quite a buggy monster... You should have him walk down the hallway instead. It was a little scary at first, but I began to lose the intensity when he was coming and going in an inanimate pose. =\ I see you used some inspiration of White Night.

Speaking of which, the themes of the campaign didn't seem to match up too well... You were old age, then had flourescent lights and a single hallway with fetuses. I suggest maybe having them in a separate room, rather than a hallway leading one room to another.

Other than some broken/strange details and a few bugs (monster in the beginning failed on me and I had to restart the campaign), it wasn't too bad. =]

It was a castle, inside the castle their were flouresent lights already in the castle but you had to turn it on using the machine. Thus the Cellar and the maps below the castle were lit up as well. As for the long hallway and the hallway with fetuses that was gamemakingdude's idea. Thanks for the feedback though.

12-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Find
Revis1985 Offline

Threads: 0

(12-27-2011, 12:07 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 08:59 PM)Revis1985 Wrote: Hi there... just wondering, ive picked up 3 of the 4 you need for the machine in the cellar... the last one in the garden, it seems that i cant pick it up, i click on it from 100's of angles.... cant pick it up... help me please Smile
You need Justine dlc for the lever to be able to pick it up.
What does the justine pack cost ?
or is it free... in that case, please send the link ^^
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(12-27-2011, 12:16 PM)Revis1985 Wrote:
(12-27-2011, 12:07 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 08:59 PM)Revis1985 Wrote: Hi there... just wondering, ive picked up 3 of the 4 you need for the machine in the cellar... the last one in the garden, it seems that i cant pick it up, i click on it from 100's of angles.... cant pick it up... help me please Smile
You need Justine dlc for the lever to be able to pick it up.
What does the justine pack cost ?
or is it free... in that case, please send the link ^^
I think it's only free with the Steam verison.

12-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Find
LawlPie Offline

Threads: 2

Here is my playthrough:

Owner of The PieStation: http://www.youtube.com/PieStation
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Find
I ZapZap I Offline

Well, we just finished playing the entire story with both endings, so you should expect episode one of our playthrough to be up sometime later today! You can check on our channel regularly to find it.

Charlie
I rate it a 7.5/10 I would rate it higher if they're weren't so many glitches. It was really scary in some parts like when the monster talked in the fetus room, that one for me was the scariest part, or when I couldn't move in a long corridor and all the lights would go dark then red, then out of nowhere a monster would come out of nowhere and just attack you. My recommendation is if you're going to do another map like this do some of the things you did in this custom story, generally it was made really well in some parts and we would like to see another map like this from you again soon!

Zack
Although I really enjoyed playing the map, there were key areas that you guys could've improved on. The scares and level design were good, but the execution of putting it all together was lacking, hence the many glitches and somewhat sloppy effects. However, the scares were good and the atmosphere was nerve-racking, which we ended up scaring the hell out of us. Ignoring the glitches and assuming they get patched, the story was entertaining and definitely one that shook us! I look forward to seeing you guys improve and making the maps more cleanly made! 6.5/10

Which gives Nexciting's final rating of Scroob's Castle a 7/10. Good job, guys! Here's the first episode of our playthrough. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 01:59 AM by I ZapZap I.)
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

There's an error when trying to open the dropbox... Sad

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
04-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

Threads: 7

Sad "Error (404)" Sad
HELP?

04-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Website Find