Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think the forum is dyeing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
5.21%
5 5.21%
Forum?
11.46%
11 11.46%
No
83.33%
80 83.33%
Total 96 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Frictional Games forum dying?
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Is Frictional Games forum dying?

(06-30-2012, 12:36 PM)Googolplex Wrote: This is what I mean.

3 years ago, this forum was awesome. But since all the newbies come, it becomes more to a teenage fight.
This is incredible! For me, the good old people here are submerged.
It becomes a teenage fight? What on earth are you talking about sir?

New people is not the reason old forum users leave, new people do not mean less creativity, you do not know who these people are.

New people means more users to the forums, which makes it more active.

New people means more modding gets done, more free content for you! YAY!

New people means that the interest for frictionals products is increasing which is a wonderfull thing, more money in frictionals pocket = more products from them! YAY!
06-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I don't find these forums to be dying out, but I find it pretty slow going. Usually I have to wait a day before a reply comes to the thread I posted it.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(06-30-2012, 02:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: New people means more users to the forums, which makes it more active.

When it is true what you're writing, what the hell is the sense of this poll?

There are some people who think it's dying and everyone has to accept that.
Otherwise the "Yes"-Button should be removed.

(06-30-2012, 12:57 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [Image: 3px6rd.jpg][Image: qm.gif]
Make the start and stop reading my posts.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 04:40 PM by Googolplex.)
06-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I've been here since the Penumbra days and if you ask me, a lot of people new to the forums (some of the moderators comes to mind) are really brilliant and caring people. Some are jerks and some are awesome, there is no way to get around that. But that the forums are dying? You must be joking man.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(06-30-2012, 04:36 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 02:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: New people means more users to the forums, which makes it more active.

When it is true what you're writing, what the hell is the sense of this poll?

There are some people who think it's dying and everyone has to accept that.
Otherwise the "Yes"-Button should be removed.

''The forums are dying'' is not a matter of oppinion, it's a matter of fact.
06-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I don't think they are dying, I consider these forums a good size. Not big enough to have a lot of spammers, small enough to be able to have intelligent conversations. Lots of nice and helpful users.

And this is only my impression from the short time (a few months I believe) I've been here.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

The forums are not dying. They seem to be very much alive.

Though must remark that I feel a bit sad that a lot of the people who were regulars during the Penumbra era has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. A few of them still posts, some of them in this thread even (you know who you are Smile ). But I miss some of those that are gone. Of course, I don't want to throw stones, I was away from the forum for several months myself, but I came back eventually.

Anyways, it seems as the fanbase of Frictional Games changed after the release of Amnesia (or atleast the fanbase that frequent the forums). But no, the forums don't seem to be dead to me, there's much activity.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
06-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-30-2012, 05:22 PM)spukrian Wrote: The forums are not dying. They seem to be very much alive.

Though must remark that I feel a bit sad that a lot of the people who were regulars during the Penumbra era has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. A few of them still posts, some of them in this thread even (you know who you are Smile ). But I miss some of those that are gone. Of course, I don't want to throw stones, I was away from the forum for several months myself, but I came back eventually.

Anyways, it seems as the fanbase of Frictional Games changed after the release of Amnesia (or atleast the fanbase that frequent the forums). But no, the forums don't seem to be dead to me, there's much activity.
Not going to lie, but I believe, honestly, it is the lack of serious material in the forums (such as custom stories, or help threads that have been answered dozens and dozens of times before) that is driving many people away. Even myself. I log in each day, skim through things, and generally find nothing of interest... I have not been posting as much as I have before and this is just my input. The silly behavior of CS building and flood of underage children into the community is driving all the maturity away. I honestly find this forum hard to take seriously. If you go to forums such as polycount.com, they are all highly developed members and generally take their work quite seriously. My interpretation of this forum is that it has not hit puberty yet, or it is finding a hard time getting through it. I love this forum, I've never been so active in one, but it is getting more and more ridiculous every day.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 06:08 PM by Statyk.)
06-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Is Frictional Games forum dyeing?

(01-12-2012, 03:50 PM)Scraper Wrote: Yes, they are dying. Frictional Games went bankrupt and forums will be shut down during the end of this week. Sad

Liar.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
06-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I miss Windex Sad

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]