Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
The Attic: Chapter 2 Release!
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Attic: Chapter 2 Release!

(01-15-2012, 09:28 PM)Elven Wrote:
(01-15-2012, 06:00 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: Chapter 3 is the final chapter, then we will be starting a project we are extremely looking forward to! Big Grin
Is it also related to amnesia CS Big Grin?
It will be something completely independent.

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Anyway, here are my thoughts, I hope you can stand critism, because I am giving honest thoughts as developer myself.

Spoiler below!
First of all, I loved the beginning how you woke up in the old place and how nice it is. It gives really mysterious feeling.

Sadly I didn't do much town exploring (going inside houses, I heard it was possible XD), but town was really confusing, because of that it was realllly well done, if it was your goal.

Level designs were really well done inside that 'castle' or 'hall'. Only negative thing is that it had some texture overflapping, but else it was okay.

About scares - There were many 'cheapscares', they indeed got me, but nothing huge. Since castle area was damn huge, those monsters weren't really scary for me (As I am advanced CS creator and I am more used to them already), since few places were DAMN HUGE, then grunts/brutes there were no problem at all. You could go easily around them and they weren't really challenge for me, except that one monster in smaller area, I think it was Machine room. I made noise and he came my way, but gave up and went into his path.

The dead men chamber was WTF, too many penises Tongue.

So for conclusion, it was short, but it was still good in story-wise, it had its own scares as well, but I did expect little bit more. I hope chapter 3 will be longer, better & epic conclusion! YOU CAN DO IITTTT!!!

Oh, by independet u mean it isn't made by HPL2?

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

To address your opinion Elven

Spoiler below!

Don't take this the wrong way, just addressing your points...

1. Texture overlapping is something all custom stories have, and even in the main story there were a few. We have patched them now, but I just dont see why people feel the need to point that out, when all stories have that problem once and a while.

2. I apologize if some of my scares felt cheap, SOME OF THEM were not meant to be.

3. Chapter 3 is the final chapter, so we plan to take everything we have learned, and apply it to our fullest ability to chapter 3. Chapter 3 will also be longer, even though Chapter 2 was no shorter than Chapter 1.

Again, not to attack you, just addressing your points.

No, its just another custom story that has NOTHING to do with The Attic.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Oh okay. Don't worry about it Jetliner Smile

Spoiler below!
Its funny how people tend to think about attacking other people Tongue. Anyway don't worry about offending me, I am not offended for sure.

1. I agree with that texture overflapping part, they are bugs that can be fixed and most of us have them Tongue... I never make them into problem tho, as they are fixable. But I did state what I saw as my first expression.

2. I think why most of them were cheap were because I have experienced many cheaps just by making them myself Tongue. So it is no problems.

3. Good luck! Looking forward to it!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-15-2012, 10:32 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: No, its just another custom story that has NOTHING to do with The Attic.

Ummm... How can you make a third part in a series and have it be completely unrelated to the other two. That's like if they decided to make the third Spider Man movie about Thor. If you want to make a completely different story, then just makie a different story.

Posting Freak
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

You mis-read it. AFTER CHAPTER 3, we will make a NEW STORY that has NOTHING TO DO with The Attic. So Chapter 3 is about The Attic, but our next story is not.

Change log:
Version 1.1
Map01 - Moved Lantern
Map02 - Fixed Level Transfer // Moved Secret Key
Map03 - Fixed Player Movement
Map04 - Moved Triggers // Added Sounds
Map05 - Added Key // Added Note // Fixed Overlapping Textures
Map06 - Fixed Door // More Detail
Map07 - No Change
Map08 - Added BIG Secret // Fixed Floating Decals // Improved Monsters
Map08a - Moved Triggers // More Detail
Map08b - Fixed Key // Moved Triggers // Moved Hatch Transfer
Map09 - Moved Start Point
Map10 - More Detail

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2012, 11:34 PM by JetlinerX.)
01-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Website Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

(01-15-2012, 11:18 PM)kman Wrote:
(01-15-2012, 10:32 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: No, its just another custom story that has NOTHING to do with The Attic.

Ummm... How can you make a third part in a series and have it be completely unrelated to the other two. That's like if they decided to make the third Spider Man movie about Thor. If you want to make a completely different story, then just makie a different story.
We're not talking about the third part. We're talking about our plans after we're finished with The Attic.

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Website Find
thetury455 Offline

Threads: 10

hell yea i loved the first one! >Big Grin

AmnesiaGuy
01-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Find
mannen1338 Offline

Threads: 2

Wow Im Really Happy You Made Chapter 2 Im Downloading It Right Now 30 secounds left
01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Find
Risachan Offline

Threads: 0

So , this is chapter two.
And once again, forgive my English.
  • I have to say, I was hoping for this chapter to come out after watching some LPs about the first chapter.
    And I have to say, it's a pretty good chapter.

Let me tell you what I think about it.

Spoiler below!

The town area was really well done. And I don't know why some people say we can't explore the houses because in some of them you can. And one is pretty strange.
    But I have to ask you to slap hard in the face these stupids who kept throwing barrels at me when I was walking outside.

On the bad side of that town:
    -I kept walking on the road as Derreck suggests it because I thought
    something would happen if I walked on the grass. But apparently not.
    - The fact everything starts over if you enter a house and go outside again , like explosing boxes and monster's appearences, killed the fun for me )=.

As for the next part of this custom story. Yes, places were huge, but I'm fine with it!
    But there were so many closed doors I wanted to open so bad !
    I hate closed doors that I can't open. But that's just me!

The machine room was only for the sewer's key and some jumpscares. I admit that I was exepting much more from that room. But it's pretty hard to do a custom level so I can't say anything.

However, you gave me a good laugh at the end when he decided to f*ck everything and leave the place. I was not exepting that from him ! I mean come on! All of this for nothing?!

The ending was pretty nice, can't wait for the chapter 3!
4/5

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM by Risachan.)
01-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Find